Scrap metal may be dropped off at this recycling station as recycling at no charge. For more information or other scrap metal buyback locations, please visit TCS Metals.
Buy Back – Recycling (CRV)
Beverage containers qualifying for California Redemption Value (CRV) are not purchased at this location. However, they may be dropped off at no charge. Click here for a list of local buy back centers.
Hazardous & Electronic Waste
For more information about proper Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste disposal and our Haz-Drop locations and schedule, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
We are located at 16015 Davis Street in Clearlake, next to the East Lake Landfill.
What are your operating hours?
We are open Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Are you a buy-back center? Do you pay for recyclables?
We are NOT a buy-back center and beverage containers qualifying for California Redemption Value (CRV) are NOT purchased at this location.
Click here for a list of local buy back centers.
Do you accept recyclables?
Yes! We accept the following recyclable material at no charge:
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, magazines, steel cans, food and beverage glass, plastic food and beverage containers
- Rigid plastic containers such as 5 gallon buckets, plastic storage containers, resin patio chairs and laundry baskets
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil and filters
- Automobile and household batteries
- Consumer electronics (televisions, computers, computer monitors, cell phones, printers, stereos and VCRs)
- Small household appliances (toasters, blenders, mixers, etc.)
- Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, dishwashers and stoves). A fee for Freon removal may apply.
- Latex & Oil based paint
- Home generated needles and sharps in sealed containers.
Do you accept e-Waste?
Yes! Most e-Waste is accepted at no charge in designated areas. This includes standard products such as TVs, computers, stereo equipment and cell phones.
Do you accept batteries, paint, or motor oil?
Yes! The following special and hazardous materials are accepted in designated areas at no charge:
- Household and automotive batteries
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Home generated sharps (Syringes and hypodermic needles must be properly packaged and sealed in an approved, puncture-proof container to be accepted)
- Paint (Must be in original, empty container with label to be accepted)
Do you accept garbage?
No. We do not accept garbage.
Do you accept green or wood waste?
No. We do not accept green or wood waste.
Do you accept construction materials?
No. We do not accept construction materials.
Do you accept tires?
Yes! We accept tires for a fee.
You may also call the Lake County recycling hotline at 707-262-1618 for information about the Tire Amnesty Program, which allows residents to drop-off tires at no charge until all grant funds have been expended.
Do you accept furniture including mattresses?
No. We do not accept furniture.
Do you accept medical waste?
We only accept home-generated sharps. Syringes and hypodermic needles must be properly packaged and sealed in an approved, puncture-proof container to be accepted.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, money orders and credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted).
Do you accept paint?
Yes! We accept most paint at no charge:
Acceptable products include:
- Interior and exterior latex paint of 5 gallons or less
- Water-based stain sold in containers of 5 gallons or less
- Oil-based paint of 5 gallons or less
Non-acceptable products include:
- Paint thinners or solvents
- Aerosol products (spray cans)
- Auto, marine, and aircraft paints
- Arts and craft paints
Do you sell recycled paint?
Recycled paint is free to the public. Maximum daily limit per customer is 15 gallons.
Do you buy metal?
No. We do not buy scrap metal at this location.
Please visit TCS Metals for more information about scrap metal buyback locations.
Do you sell compost, landscape or construction materials?
No. We do not sell compost or construction materials at this location. Please click here to see where those products are available.
7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Saturday
16015 Davis Street | Clearlake, CA | 95422
707-234-6400 or 888-718-4888