Frequently Asked Questions

Inyo County Services FAQ

What areas do you serve?

We are proud to serve the unincorporated area of Pahrump, Nevada and the eastern portion of Inyo County, California, including Death Valley.

Where is your office and what hours are you open?

Our customer service office, located at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue in Pahrump, is open from 8:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please call us at 775-727-5777 during normal business hours.

Which holidays do you observe?

We observe New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.

During these weeks, if your regular collection day falls on or after the holiday, collection is delayed one day. For example, Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday. That week, Thursday customers will be collected on Friday, and Friday customers will be collected on Saturday. Normal collection resumes the following week.

How do I start service?

To start service, residential and commercial customers should call 775-727-5777 or visit our office at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue in Pahrump. An advance payment, a photo ID, and a New Customer Information Form are required for all new services.

Download the New Residential Customer Information Form here, the New Commercial Customer Information Form here, or fill one out in our office. Forms can be scanned and emailed, faxed, mailed, or returned in person. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We can be reached by phone at 775-727-5777, and by fax at 775-727-5832.

Can I use my own can instead of your bin?

No. The bin is provided to you as part of the service because our trucks use automated arms to lift and empty the contents.

What do I do if my bin was not picked up?

Call us immediately at 775-727-5777 if your garbage is not picked up by the end of your regularly scheduled day. Please remember that collection times can vary from week to week due to such things as equipment issues, traffic, or new routing. Also, an additional trip charge may apply if carts were not set out in the appropriate place at the appropriate time.

How soon can I get my cart, bin, or roll-off delivered or emptied?

If you have already established service with us, we require a 24-hour notice to put the request in for the following day. If you have not had service with us prior, you will need to visit our office or call 775-727-5777 to establish an account before we can deliver a container.

How do I schedule a bulky item pickup?

Bulky items such as furniture, appliances or items that will not fit in your garbage cart can be collected separately from regular garbage service. There is a fee for service. Call us at 775-727-5777 to arrange for collection.

How do I rent a temporary clean- up bin for my kitchen remodel or massive spring clean?

Please call us at 775-727-5777 to arrange for delivery of clean-up bin to your home. Small bins are available for light projects, and larger debris boxes are available for extensive projects such as remodels, construction, or landscape tear-outs.

Rates for roll-off boxes include a County Landfill fee.

Do you have bins that lock?

Yes. Locking bins are available for an additional minimal fee. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the bin to be ready since they are made to order.

Is there a weight limit for carts, bins, and roll-off boxes?

Yes. If you are filling a container with material such as roof shingles, concrete, dirt, manure, etc. you may only fill it one half (1/2) full. If it is overloaded and too heavy, you may have to empty some contents. Alternatively, a second bin or box may have to be delivered, and you may have to transfer some contents into this additional bin. This may result in added costs to you.

I just started service. When do I get a bill?

Residential customers are billed quarterly in advance of service.

Commercial and multifamily customers are billed monthly.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept check, cash, money order, credit card, and online payments. Bills are due and payable within 30 days from date of invoice.

How and where can I pay my bill?

ou may pay your bill in person, over the phone, by mail, and online.

In person:

  • Cash, check, and credit card payments may be made in our office located at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue in Pahrump, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • After hours, leave your payment in our drop box located on the fence before you enter the first set of gates to our office.

By phone:

  • Pay by credit card over the phone at 775-727-5777 for no additional charge.

By mail:

  • Mail payment to P.O. Box 1310, Pahrump, NV 89041


What are the current service rates?

Please call our office for the latest information about our rates.

What if I cannot come to your office during normal business hours to make a payment?

You may mail in your payment, pay online, or, if you visit us before or after our office hours, there is a payment drop box located before you enter the first set of gates to our office. The drop box is flush with the fence.

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes. Pahrump Valley Disposal customers can pay their bills online here.

Check out our Online Payment Flyer for more information.

Can your company automatically take the payment out of my bank account when my bill is due?

Yes. You may sign up for automatic payments when you log in to pay your bill. Click here to pay online and sign up.

Are discounts available for senior citizens?

Not at the present time.

Is there any discount if I pay for a year in advance?

No. However, in the event of a price increase during the pre-paid year you will not be charged anything additional since payment for the year has already been made.

If service was stopped for non-payment, can it be restored?

Yes. When service is stopped for nonpayment, the total outstanding bill plus late fees must be paid in full. A reinstatement fee could also apply.

If I go on vacation, can I suspend my account?

Yes. You must be gone for a period of 2 weeks or more in order to put service on hold. Once you have returned you will need to call us to resume service.

Where can I recycle?

Residents and Businesses can drop-off recyclables in two locations:

  • Shoshone (Behind Cal Trans Maintenance Yard)
    Follow the dirt road located behind the directional sign for Beatty and Death Valley Junction at the Charles Brown Highway intersection with State Hwy 127
    State Hwy 127
    Shoshone, CA 92384
    Open 7 days per week during daylight hours

  • Tecopa (The empty lot across the road from the Tecopa Hot Springs Campground)
    Tecopa Hot Springs Road
    Tecopa, CA 92389
    Open 7 days per week during daylight hours

What can I recycle?

Pahrump Valley Disposal accepts the following items at its recycling drop-off locations:

  • Newspaper
  • Household paper
  • Magazines
  • Cardboard
  • Food and beverage glass
  • Metal cans
  • Plastic food and beverage containers # 1 & # 2

Do you buy scrap metal?

Yes. Pahrump Valley Disposal is a full service, weigh-master certified, licensed auto wrecker, scrap metal recycler. We purchase, sort, process and market all types of metal. We buy ferrous and non-ferrous metals including vehicles, such as cars, trucks, and heavy equipment, appliances, iron, tin, copper, brass, car batteries and more.

Bring your metal to our yard located at located at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue, or call us at 775-727-6131 to schedule a pick up, as we offer removal services on an individual and commercial basis, including bin, box and trailer services.

Our metal yard is open Monday through Friday. Please call for hours. Click here for more information.

Do you buy junk cars?

Yes. We buy vehicles, including cars, trucks, heavy equipment, etc. Drive it to our yard located at located at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue, or call us at 775-727-6131 to schedule a pick up.

How do I dispose of needles?

Residents may put them in a sealed, rigid, hard plastic container and place them next to the garbage cart or bin.

Commercial businesses with medical waste should call our office at 775-727-5777 for information about our medical waste hauling services.

How do I dispose of latex paint?

Latex paint cans must be dried out completely and then may be disposed of in trash cart, bin, and/or roll-off.

How do I dispose of electronic waste?

You may drop off your electronic waste, such as computers, televisions, cell phones, stereo equipment, etc. at the metal yard next to our office, located at 1410 E. Mesquite Avenue. Our metal yard is open Monday through Friday. Please call for hours.

How do I dispose of hazardous waste such as pesticides or oil?

Hazardous Waste is strictly prohibited in all garbage carts, bins, and roll-off boxes. This includes all electronic waste (computers, televisions, cell phones, and stereo equipment), paint thinners, pesticides, motor oil and oil filters, herbicides, and similar products. Latex paint, however, can be dried out, and once dry, the paint may be disposed of in the trash. Please visit Nevada Recycles for more information about the disposal of hazardous waste.