Where are you located?
We are located at 230 Soda Bay Road in Lakeport.
What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Are you a buy-back center? Do you pay for recyclables?
We are not a buy-back center and beverage containers qualifying for California Redemption Value (CRV) are not purchased at this location.
Click here for a list of local buy back centers.
Do you accept recyclables?
Yes! We accept the following recyclable material at no charge:
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, magazines, steel cans, food and beverage glass, plastic food and beverage containers
- Rigid plastic containers such as 5 gallon buckets, plastic storage containers, resin patio chairs and laundry baskets
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil and filters
- Automobile and household batteries
- Consumer electronics (televisions, computers, computer monitors, cell phones, printers, stereos and VCRs)
- Small household appliances (toasters, blenders, mixers, etc.)
- Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, dishwashers and stoves). A fee for Freon removal may apply.
- Latex & Oil based paint
Do you accept e-Waste?
Yes! Most e-Waste is accepted at no charge in designated areas. This includes standard products such as TVs, computers, stereo equipment and cell phones.
Do you accept batteries, paint, or motor oil?
Yes! The following special and hazardous materials are accepted in designated areas at no charge:
- Household and automotive batteries
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Home generated sharps (Syringes and hypodermic needles must be properly packaged and sealed in an approved, puncture-proof container to be accepted)
- Paint (Must be in original, empty container with label to be accepted)
Do you accept garbage?
Yes! We accept garbage for a fee.
Do you accept green or wood waste?
Yes! We accept green or wood waste for a fee.
Do you accept construction materials?
Yes! We accept construction materials for a fee.
Do you accept tires?
Yes! We accept tires for a fee.
Do you accept furniture including mattresses?
Yes! We accept furniture for a fee.
Do you accept medical waste?
We only accept home-generated sharps. Syringes and hypodermic needles must be properly packaged and sealed in an approved, puncture-proof container to be accepted.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, money orders and credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted).
Do you accept paint?
Yes! We accept most paint at no charge:
Acceptable products include:
- Interior and exterior latex paint of 5 gallons or less
- Water-based stain sold in containers of 5 gallons or less
- Oil-based paint of 5 gallons or less
Non-acceptable products include:
- Paint thinners or solvents
- Aerosol products (spray cans)
- Auto, marine, and aircraft paints
- Arts and craft paints
Do you sell recycled paint?
Recycled paint is free to the public. Maximum daily limit per customer is 15 gallons.
Do you buy metal?
Yes! We buy back most scrap metal from commercial generators. An appointment is required to receive payment for your material. Please call Tri County Scrap Metals at 707-234-6425 for an appointment:
- Insulated and clean wire
- Stainless steel
Our facility operates in compliance with scrap metal regulations of the State of California. Customers will need to show proper identification before purchases can be made.
For more information or other scrap metal buyback locations, please visit TCS Metals.
Do you sell compost, landscape or construction materials?
We offer sustainable recycled products for your home and business. Stop by and shop for your next project.
Compost. Our compost is made from recycled local green waste, and is a useful soil amendment.
Landscape material. From arbor mulch to redwood chips, we have a variety of recycled landscape materials for your use.
Construction material. Class II recycled aggregate base rock is available for purchase by the ton. Please call 707-234-6400 or click here for more information.
Click here for a current green material price list.
Payment can be made by cash, debit card or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted). Delivery is available; please call 707-234-6400 for more information.