Transfer Station and Recycling Center
Our Transfer Station and Recycling Center is located at 230 Soda Bay Road. The facility operates as a location for the deposit of municipal solid waste (garbage) as well as a number of other household and commercial materials which are recycled. In addition to solid waste, we accept wood and greenwaste, construction and demolition debris, appliances, tires, furniture, scrap metals, standard recyclables such as cardboard, paper, glass, metal and plastic containers, motor oil and filters, batteries and home electronics. Loads of solid waste (garbage) delivered to the tipping floor are sorted to the maximum extent feasible to extract recyclables and increase diversion from landfilling.
Materials Accepted Without Charge:
- Newspaper, cardboard, office paper, magazines, steel cans, food and beverage glass, plastic food and beverage containers, clean film plastic such as grocery bags, plastic wrap and shrink wrap
- Rigid plastic containers such as 5 gallon buckets, plastic storage containers, resin patio chairs and laundry baskets
- Scrap metal
- Motor oil and filters
- Automobile and household batteries
- Consumer electronics (televisions, computers, computer monitors, cell phones, printers, stereos and VCRs)
- Small household appliances (toasters, blenders, mixers, etc.)
- Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, air conditioners, dishwashers and stoves)
Materials Accepted For A Fee:
All loads of 5 cubic yards or more are weighed and charged by the ton. Discounts from the standard tonnage rate will be given for clean, separated wood and greenwaste and segregated loads of construction and demolition (loads containing only one type of material).
- Refuse (Garbage)
- Wood and Greenwaste
- Construction and Demolition material including concrete, brick, asphalt, drywall, shingles, porcelain toilets and sinks, and foam padding
- Furniture (mattresses, box springs, couches and stuffed chairs)
All fees may be paid by cash, debit card, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover).
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m Monday through Saturday. The Transfer Station is closed on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
For more information about transfer station and recycling services, please call us at (707) 234-6400.
Buy Back Recycling
Beverage containers qualifying for California Redemption Value (CRV) can be redeemed at the State-Certified Redemption Center located at the Drop-Off Center at 230 Soda Bay Road in Lakeport. Checks are issued for redemption material. The Redemption Center is open Tuesday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The Redemption Center is closed on Sunday and Monday
Non-Ferrous Metal Buy Back
Non-ferrous metals are purchased at the Lakeport Transfer Station and Recycling Center. Metals purchased include copper, brass, aluminum, radiators, insulated and clean wire, stainless steel, lead and similar materials. The facility operates in compliance with scrap metal regulations of the State of California. Customers will need proper identification before purchases can be made. Scrap metal buy-back is available during regular transfer station hours, Monday – Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Compost and Soil Amendment Available
Bulk compost is available for purchase for $25.00 per cubic yard at our facility at 230 Soda Bay Road in Lakeport. Our compost is made from recycled greenwaste collected in Mendocino and Lake Counties. Delivery is available. Delivery price will depend upon location. Bagged Soil Amendment is also available for purchase. All purchases may be paid by cash, debit card, or credit card (Visa and Mastercard).